In accordance with the Rocklin Municipal Code, Chapter 3.28, the City of Rocklin Draft Fiscal Year (FY) 2021/22 Annual Budget was submitted to the City Council on May 10, 2021. At the May 17, 2021 special meeting of the City Council, a presentation was made by staff regarding the Draft Budget for review and discussion. After the May 17th special meeting, a number of changes were made to the FY 2021/22 Annual Budget. These changes are listed below.
• Changes to rename a Battalion Chief position to a Fire Marshall position, overall position count and salary range remained the same.
• Under Key Management Practices, the Council Discretionary Fund was renamed to City Council Community Fund.
• A decrease to Gas Tax Revenues of $36,400.
• A decrease to SB1 Road Maintenance & Rehabilitation Fund Revenues of $2,100.
• An increase to Technology Fee Fund expenditures of $14,200 on a Trakit CodeTRAK project for the permitting system used by Community Development.
• An increase to both revenues and expenditures in CDBG HUD Entitlement of $3,200.
• An increase to Vehicle Fleet Management Fund expenditures of $2,000 for vehicle insurance.
• An increase to the Economic Development Reserve expenditures of $3,200 for SACOG membership.
The final budget is now presented to the City Council for approval. Pursuant to the Rocklin Municipal Code, the City Council shall adopt a final budget on or before June 30th of each year, by resolution.